Monday, November 4, 2013

Week of October 28, 2013



Hey my grand family. 
How is everything?  First off I am still in the same area, Cartagena. I've been here for 6 months now. I am excited that I didn't get transferred, I didn't want to leave para nada, so it's all good.  We haven't had anything grand happen this week. but are investigators are progressing pretty well. We should be having some bautismos coming up.
   Next Monday until Friday or Saturday we will be in the house because here in November they have a huge celebration in Cartagena and its dangerous for us to be in the street, but all is good and don't worry so we will either be in the house for that week or we will go to Barranquilla for that week. we don't know yet. 
   Brit asked me some questions and I will answer them to everyone. the weirdest things I've eating here is first, cow stomach. and I've eatin shark, alot of fish, they eat iguana here as well, but I haven't eatin it yet or ants.
   As for my best experience so far. We baptized a young man and two weeks later he was able to baptise his sister,  that was a moment that all I could think of was. "this is why I'm serving a mission"  I've really had alot of cool experiences that I will tell you about when I get home.  
   The worst experieces that I have had is probably what all missionaries experience and that is when you talk to someone about the church and they accept a Book of Morman and they read the whole thing but than they don't want anything to do with the church.  You think they are golden but than you get disappointed because they quit and don't what to hear any more. That happened to us in one of my area's, it was in my second area I don't know if i told you guys about it but we had a guy read the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, the conference issues of the Liahona from last October and all the pamphlets that we have and he didn't want to pray about it, so we had to stop teaching him.  Hopefully one day he will want to learn and get baptized.
   The family I wrote about a couple of weeks ago, the father has decided that he doesn't want to learn any more about the church but his wife wants to get baptized so we are still working on him so that they can get baptized together.  
  All is good in Cartagena. It is p-day none of us elders have any money, so we are at the church playing ping pong and killing time.  We have done our laundry this morning and now we are just writing letters.  I hope all is well with my family.
Elder White says hi,he's an elder from my group and we are really good friends.
Love you all.
Love from Cartagena,
Elder Franks

No comments:

Post a Comment